10.07.2006

Trip to Fort Francis

Although 20 hr car rides are not generally that fun, the trip to Fort Francis went surprisingly fast. Mom and Dad came to get me at college around 3AM Friday morning, and then we headed out to come here for our friend's wedding. Unfortunately the car we borrowed doesn't have insurance covered for me to drive it, so I felt incredibly bad just having mom and dad drive the whole time. It was a beautiful trip. We drove down to the border and went through three states(Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota), and then came up to the border again to Fort Francis. We saw so many beautiful sights...brilliant yellow leaves mixed with burgundy, a wonderful sunset on Friday night, and many many deer(one even right in the middle of the town!) It's funny how there are cultural differences even from one state to the next. We stopped at a gas station, and a kid pulled up on a four-wheeler like it was nothing. It's just funny, because we don't see to many four-wheelers where we live, and especially not pulling up to get gas! I just laughed!
So, staying here at a motel in Fort Francis, and I got to share a room with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in such a long time. AND I get a queen bed all to myself!! Luxury I tell you...it's a wonderful thing! I had such a good sleep, and I'm ready for the wedding today. Our friend who's getting married looks so tired though. So does his bride-to-be. They must have been doing so much work! I can imagine that weddings are bittersweet, because they're so much fun when you finally get to the day, but the original planning must be so crazy tiring!
Well, we're going to head home tomorrow, so not sure when I can write my next blog, but I will definitely be writing about the wedding and our trip home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash,
I know you are back home in residence now but I didn’t realize you had written a blog while you were away.
It must have been a beautiful drive at this time of year through the northern parts of Ontario
I have never been that far a field even in our own province. What a great experience for you even if you did have to do it in such a short time.
We will look forward to hearing about the wedding and the rest of the trip the next time.
Lots of luv Nan xoxo