10.03.2006

Thanksgiving Edition

Who's ready for thanksgiving? I sure am. This has to be one of my favourite holidays. I have to say I am rather biased though, just because my favourite season is autumn and thanksgiving is right in the middle!
I'm so excited to be going home and seeing all of my cousins that I haven't seen since last Christmas. What a shame to live so far away from family! I don't know if I like it that much! I only have one cousin that actually e-mails me, which I'm grateful for, because I have gotten to know her way better than I used to.
Let's think about thanksgiving for a second. I know that it's a time when everyone thinks about turkey, and pumpkin pie, but Christians also know that it's the season to think about thanking God for the things we have. I can think of many people that I can thank God for right now. I'm so grateful for my family, my mom and dad, my sisters and brothers, all my grandparents and my cousins aunts and uncles. Also for the friends that I have already made here at college, especially my roommate, because she's put up with me in so much! I'm also very thankful for the opportunity to come here and learn more about the Bible.
I am so thankful for the 5 senses that God gave us. Taste, hear, smell, see, touch. I especially love the sense of smell. There are so many things in this world that smell good...apple pie, my mom's perfume, my dad's cologne, freshly washed laundry(especially when it's hung out to dry), the smell of a baby's skin, and so much more.
As I think about all the things God has blessed us with as Canadians, I have to remember that we should be thankful every single day of the year, not just on the thanksgiving holiday! But it's still a good time to stop and be grateful for everything we have.
So, as I stuff myself with turkey and dressing, and delight in the pumpkin pie topped with lots of whipped cream this weekend, I will be thinking about you all!
I'm going to a wedding too, so this is going to be really fun...so excited!
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash .
What a beautiful entry. I am almost crying!
I can inagine Pops when I print it out for him!
Yes, we certainly do have a lot to be thankful for and we are blessed to have such a wonderful family too.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone for Thanksgiving as we continue in our family traditions, which everyone associate with our gathering together.
Have a great weekend as you attend your wedding and then as we see you for our Monday feast!
Lots of luv Nan xoxoxo