10.21.2006

My Roommate...

I am going to dedicate this blog to my roommate. She doesn't know that I'm writing about her, so let's just keep this between you and me!
She kind of reminds me of my sister Melissa, so it's nice, because I feel really comfortable with her!(Although it's not the same...I miss my sisters!)
She makes me laugh soooooooooo much! She's like the life of the party, and when she walks into the room everything just gets louder and somehow funnier.
She plays on the volleyball team, and today they had a tournament. Last night she was supposed to go to bed early because she had to get up early, but you know how it is when you get two night hawks trying to get to sleep when the room is way too hot...it just doesn't happen! So, we ended up talking for about an hour and a half, wasting beautiful sleep time to swap stories about troubles we've been through, and also about our families and how much we love them. It was fun, and definitely a bonding time. There's something about sharing a room with someone for so long when you had never met them before: you just have to bond with them, unless you want the whole year to be miserable. It's not hard to bond with my roommate at all, and I'm so glad that she's who she is. With her "go get 'em" personality and sociality, she is the perfect person for me to share a room with here. I'm social, but not overly, so she's kind of teaching me to be more talkative, to get out there and do stuff!
She's a year younger than me, but her spiritual maturity is also amazing, and I know that this will have a positive aspect on me as well.
I only hope that I can be as much of a roommate to her that she is to me!
It was funny, last night the dialogue near the end of our long convo went like this(it was about 3:30 or 4 in the morning):
Me: I'm so sorry for keeping you talking and awake!!! I'm such a horrible roommate!"
Her: I'm so sorry for keeping you talking and awake!!! I'M such a horrible roommate! There, we cancelled each other out, now we can sleep."
What a girl, with her crazy red polka dot rubber boots that she wears in the middle of october. I wouldn't switch my roommate with anyone else this year at all!

2 comments:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash ,
Early to bed… I am not too sure that it means early in the wee hours!!!! LOL!
However …What a lovely tribute to your roommate.
So glad to hear that you two are bonding so well.
This could be the beginning of one of those life long friendships.
Hope that it will continue for you both.
Lots Of luv
Nan xoxoxo

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash ,
Early to bed… I am not too sure that it means early in the wee hours!!!! LOL!
However …What a lovely tribute to your roommate.
So glad to hear that you two are bonding so well.
This could be the beginning of one of those life long friendships.
Hope that it will continue for you both.
Lots Of luv
Nan xoxoxo