10.04.2006

I love thunderstorms, and they always come at night or in the early morning hours when you really can't enjoy them. We did have one at 3 or 4AM this morning, and now we're having another one, which is awesome!
I have one class on Wednesdays, and it's called Spiritual Formation. It talks about how Christians need to be disciplined in learning and studying about God and His Word, the Bible. Today our prof brought in his fellow pastor at his church,Dave. He was talking to us about when we read the Bible and pray, we must also be meditating on it. (I learned the differences between Christian meditation and meditation of other religions.I have to admit that before I learned about the difference, I shied away from the idea of meditation, because we're taught so much negative things about it in the church. The idea of Christian meditation is to fill your mind with the things of God, while in other religions the idea is to empty your mind) I really enjoyed his lecture, and the way he showed us how to become closer in our relationships with God.
This whole Bible college thing is a really good idea, but I'm pretty sure that if I want to get anything out of what I learn,I will actually have to put it into practice. It's going to take a while, that's why it's called "discipline", but I know that it's very important.
Other than that, I am looking forward to the afternoon because we have choir again.
I hope that everyone has a great day...
Love, Ash

2 comments:

Singing Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Singing Lady said...

Dear Ash;
It has only been a short time since you began your studies at Bible College but already we can see the spiritual growth that is taking place in your life. I think this will be a very beneficial time in your life and as the days the go by the Lord will begin to open your eyes to new horizons that lay ahead for you in the future.
May you be sensitive to His leadings. We will pray to that end for you.
Lots of luv Nan xoxox