1.22.2014

Addicted to Muffins and Other Such Nonsense...

When you're at home all day and your baby is in a good and happy enough mood to sit in his little infant chair, what do you do?

You bake!

I've been baking muffins for Jake to take to work, and today's addition was raisin bran muffins.  It's been a while since I've made them, and I forgot how delicious healthy goodness tastes.  There's nothing wrong with freshly baked muffins in the morning, but I'm learning that if I don't put them away in the freezer as soon as they've cooled, I'm going to eat more than my self-allotted "two-per-day".



image source

It's dangerous to be at home with all these baked goods around, but I've been using healthy ingredients and trying to stay within my limits.  Additionally, my 30-day exercise challenge-today is day eight!-has been kicking my butt and helping me to be mindful about what I eat again.

That mindfulness has caused me to save the best for last.  At the end of the day I have one indulgence: Chocolate peanut butter "fondue".  I use the word fondue loosely because it's not your typical romantic, slowly-savoured fruit-starring chocolate-y magical goodness.  It's melting a tablespoon of peanut butter and a handful of chocolate chips in the microwave and dipping a banana in the ensuing gooey mess.  Don't even think for a second that I gobble up the banana as quickly as possible and then savour the rest of the melted peanut butter/chocolate mixture by itself.  With a spoon. Slowly.

Because that never happens.

Ever.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: