6.06.2012

The Return...

This morning I felt so accomplished.  I made tonight's dinner, made the bed, exercised, watched a show, made cookies, did the dishes, and did my devos.

During all of that busyness, I was aching and yearing for Jake to come home.  I didn't feel complete, and wouldn't until I saw him.  My mind was preoccupied with thoughts of my husband.

God showed me an analogy in this:

that's how I'm supposed to feel about Christ's return. 

I should feel that yearning, aching for Him, wanting to see Him. 

and yet...my thoughts revolving around His return are often infused with fear and confusion, filled with trepidation of the unknown.  Of course, He will be returning as the conquering King, and that Day will be filled with much fear and wonder. 

However, His children need to be waiting expectantly...with that constant ache and desire ever-present.

I understand now how it's supposed to feel.

Love,
Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi my darling Ash
We should all be waiting with great expectation for His return! What a day that will be!! XOXOXO NAN