4.03.2012

Anxiety and things...

be anxious for nothing, HE says.

My heart is constantly balking.  By Sunday I will have worked 58 hours this week.  There are only so many hours in the day to get things done. My mind is swirling, never settling on one stray thought before flitting to another, trying to remember who to call, which bill to pay, or finding a time to vacuum my kitchen (which I so thoughtfully dusted with coffee grinds before I flew out the door this afternoon).

be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God, HE says.

I need this reminder so much.  I'm so busy thinking about the things that I have to do, that I don't spend time reflecting and thanking Jesus for the things He's done in my life.  There are many things to reflect on: my relationship with God, Christ's return, my relationship with Jake, marriage, and the list goes on.  I often find myself telling Jake that I wish I had an answer for people when they ask me reflective questions such as: What has God taught you in marriage? What things are you learning?  Those questions, however, give me a reason to stop and ponder. 

Prayer is also something that I've been struggling with.  We're so quick to try sorting out our problems by ourselves, aren't we?  Just wait until the end of that verse:

be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus...phil 4:6,7

Peace? What is this? My heart has been so unfamiliar with this word lately.  But His Word says it right there: His peace will guard my heart and mind.  First I have to give my cares to Him...all of them.

Love,
Ashleigh



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ashleigh! A good reminder :)

On God's path said...

This is exactly what I was thinking about last night. Worry, think about it, worry some more, ponder...oh yeah and pray. Some backwards thinking here. Thank you for spitting out how I was/am feeling as well haha.