8.30.2011

Up, Up, and Awake...

The sounds of the morning commute to work begin early around here. If I'm sitting comfortably on the couch, reading around 6AM, the streets are still silent, with maybe a car or two, and a lonely bird chirping its "good morning". By 6:15, however, the change becomes drastic. A city bus roars past, 10 cars line up at the stop light, 20 birds sit on the telephone wires, squawking noisily at one another, and perhaps one of my inebriated neighbours is still shouting, "Bruno!!" as he staggers around in search of his dog.

Although I live on the corner of such bustling village life, I still feel a semblance of peace up here in my third storey apartment. I can still find my serenity, even after the 6:15 jolt into reality. I have discovered that tea is marvelous. I have blogged about my morning cuppa' before, yet for some reason I must mention again how lovely it is to sip some of that 'Jade Snow' green tea while reading my Bible. I think that the heat from the drink and its soothing properties help me to be open and receptive to God's Word.

This morning was a homemade London fog (made with orange pekoe instead of Earl Grey). Mel gave me a recipe, and it's actually pretty easy. I really love the London Fogs from Williams Cafe. They are absolutely the best, in my opinion.

I am eager to visit my family today. Jake is only working a 1/2 day, so that we can go up. It's so hard when they live a couple of hours away, but I am grateful for the times we can visit them.

In saying that, I have a few things I need to finish doing before we can go. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Love,
Ashleigh

Homemade London Fog
Recipe credit: Melissa [my lovely sister]

Boil some water. Bring 1/2 cup of milk to a boil on the stove, whisking until frothy. Add 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla flavouring. Stir. Pour the hot water into a mug, and insert a tea bag of your choice(traditionally Earl Grey). Next, add the milk mixture and steep to taste.


1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi Ash
A nice picture blog and I enjoyed your portrayal of the morning sights and sounds of your apartment as you were meditating on God's Word and enjoying your morning cuppa.

I hope the rest of your day went well as you traveled home to see the family.
I am sure you appreciate these times now when you have to make the effort to get there when the time opportunities come up for you and Jake.
Looking forward to seeing you both soon again.

Lots of luv NAN