8.23.2011

In God I Trust...

I guess I'm a bit emotional today. I was reading a friend's blog, and she had me teared up in no time. There are so many things on my mind.
Things I am uncertain about.

Things out of my control.

Things I need to change.

*************************************************

I have been reading in the Johns lately (not to be confused with on the John), and today was 2 John. One of his major themes in the first book was about deception of anti-Christs, and false doctrine. That theme continued on in 2 John. I have often been concerned that I might get swept away in false doctrine. Not because I don't believe in what the Bible says, but because I don't immerse myself in truth enough. There are things that I believe, and nothing or nobody will change my mind, because the Bible says it is TRUE. But there are those obscure things, that I may have forgotten, or that don't come up often, where the Enemy can entrap me. I don't want to be caught in that snare. I want to know the truth. The only way to do that is to keep reading. To keep drenching myself in God's Word.

I read a verse in the book of Job that really stood out to me. Job had just been inflicted with boils after losing everything, and his wife wrongly says to him, "Are you still maintaining your iniquity? Curse God and die!" Personally, I think it would have been a service to the poor man if his wife had died too. She was not very encouraging nor godly in that moment. Yet Job's words amaze me: "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"**

Ok, so now we have something. When the good things happen, we praise God and thank him for it. But when trouble comes, He is often the first one we blame. And yet, we forget that it is through trouble that we learn the most, and grow the most. He uses it, like He used Job's trouble, to test our faith, and to see if we will be the ones to curse His name.

******************************

Yes, I am feeling emotional today. I feel somewhat troubled by current circumstances, especially regarding missions. I could view this time as a difficult season and curse God's name, blaming Him when all we want to do is serve Him somewhere.

However, He is refining me. Causing me to seek Him. And reminding me that His ways are always for the best, because He is God and I am not.

So I will go forth and trust Him, for He IS GOOD.

Love,
Ashleigh

**Job 2:9, 10

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

My darling Ash
Sorry to hear that you are being emotionally challenged today regarding circumstances and other things going on for you at this time.

We all have seasons where there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel but even at those times God is the one that is still in control and when we put our complete trust in Him, He will always be there for us to guide us in His paths.

Sometimes these do not seem to be the ways we think is right for us but when we look back and see where we have come from , we are sometimes surprised to see that our initial desires would not have been the best for us after all.

You are doing the right thing to continue to focus on His word and be open to His directions even if this may not seem to be what you would chose to do

Much love Nan
Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.