6.22.2010

Insurance Woes..

I never knew what an ordeal it can be to find just the right insurance for a vehicle. In my naivete, I assumed that when you acquire a car, all you have to do is pay for it and drive away. I am growing up, and both Jake and I have been stretched while learning about some of the ins and outs of life. I am glad that they don't all come at once. The great thing is that God knows exactly how all of this is going to work out.

The "Timothy's" have been my book of choice in the Bible lately. For the past couple weeks, perhaps month, I have been devouring this amazing book that spends much of it's time focusing on godliness. I am amazed at how often, when reading God's Word, things jump out at you that you never noticed before. I have read the books probably 10 times each, and even today, I was still underlining new things. I can't even tell you what my favourite part is, because everything is just so good. As much as I can't wait to get a car, I realize that the best thing about taking the bus is the downtime. Often I will bring along a book to read while I commute back and forth from the gym. For the past couple of weeks I have been reading some Christian fiction books, but today I felt God nudging me to bring my Bible. I have never had a problem with reading my Bible in front of people, and although it may seem like a "supra" Christian thing to do, I have never felt it inhibits my study, nor does it make me feel like a boaster in front of others. (I really don't think some unbelievers even know what a Bible looks like, much less care). The commute on the bus is almost a half an hour, which gave me some great time to concentrate on God's Word and to mull it around as I desire to live out Paul's exhortations. One of the verses caught my eye: "Preach the Word! Be ready in and out of season, convince, rebuke, exhort in longsuffering and teaching." (2 Tim. 4:2) When I went for my G test on Thursday, I had an interesting religious conversation with my driving examiner. I didn't want to say too much so I wouldn't offend him, for fear he might fail me. However, when I thought of it afterwards, I shouldn't have worried, but should have been willing to preach the Word at no matter the cost. I also know that we should respect people's wishes, and not push the Gospel on them. His heart was definitely closed, and I didn't want to anger him by speaking about it further than he would have liked. I just want to be open to those times when I can preach the Gospel, without timidity and fear.

God is good, and I praise Him for His never-ending mercy upon us. Jake and I are celebrating 13 months together today. I feel so blessed!

Love,
Ashleigh


1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi Ash;
It is a jolt when you are moving out in the real world to realize all the ins and outs of setting up things like insurance etc. realize how many things that we all at times have taken for granted as we are were growing up and our parents were there to look after all these things.
Even when Pops was sick and I had to assume some of the financial responsibilities ,it suddenly became very apparent that there are definitely lots we have to learn no matter what age we are.

Glad that you are gleaning so much from your Bible studies and making the most of your time even as your travel, to read God's Word.
You never know just how people will react to even just seeing you do this.
They may challenge you or ask for your input and who knows what seeds you may plant even in this small way.

My mind goes back to your manager at the Tuxedo Store when you had your collapse and how it had impacted her to see you reading your Bible on your breaks etc.
We still pray that the Bible that your grandpa gave her at the hospital will come to be an important part of her life too.

Congratulations to you and Jake on your 13 month anniversary.
May the next few months of preparation for your wedding be a special time for all who are a part of it.
I like your new page setup here and your countdown wedding ticker.

Much love