5.28.2010

Rain and Park Benches...

Today I was crying on a park bench with Jake, when all of a sudden, it started to rain. Jake said it was like a "pathetic fallacy", which is when nature is said to have emotion and feelings similar to humans. It was very apt, to say the least.

I got all emotional thinking about the people around me whom I love, and how I would feel if they passed away. I don't know why I get these feelings, or where they come from, especially because if they're believers, I will be able to see them in heaven. However, they creep up on me sometimes, and there is nothing wrong with remembering that our lives are fragile, and thanking God for each breath He gives us.

This world is not our home. I must keep reminding myself that, and not to get caught up in the materialism of our culture.

Love,

Ashleigh

No comments: