5.11.2010

Saudades for the sun...

I miss the sun. I miss the warmth of it's rays heating my back, changing the hue of my skin, and making me feel deliciously at ease with life.

When it rains, like the cold rain of today, I feel such a disconnect from nature. I don't want to lie down in the green grass, or walk barefoot on the pavement, or stare up at the sky. I want to curl up on the couch, wrapped up in one of Jake's sweaters, and watch movies all evening.

And yet, God still provides a way to ease the dismal lack of energy. My roommate and I are going to the gym, because we realized that swimming is the only way to go. Today we switched it up, and did some cycling so that we could work our lower bodies. But I missed starting off the day with a good swim.

When I feel the water rush through my finger tips, flow over my skin with fluidity, and glide my body to the wall, I feel alive. I realized tonight how much muscle it actually takes to swim. Our bodies don't naturally float, so when someone is able to glide through the water, it does take a lot of work. Swimming brings back so many good memories of all the lessons I took as a child, and they are definitely paying off. I have noticed a difference in the way I feel about myself and my shape, even in the short time I started "working out" again.

I feel so indebted to the Lord, for giving me the ability to even think about doing physical activity. I love swimming so much, and the God who created such tantalizing agua...

In thankfulness,

Ashleigh

No comments: