2.01.2010

Office Work...

I officially feel important. I am working on a fundraiser for the school, with our director of development, and I have my own title and send out official emails and everything. It's a lot of fun, but sometimes can be mentally draining. Either I am faxing for 3 hours at a time, or looking up info on the internet for 3 hours, or calling people for 3 hours.

I forgot to bring some shoes to wear while in the office, and took my winter boots off because they can be really uncomfortable and clunky. While I was walking around in my sock feet, one of the ladies in the office commented and kept saying "ew" and how disgusting it was that my socks were getting germs all over them. Frankly, I don't care, but I will still wear some shoes on Wednesday so she doesn't confront me about it again. But honestly, you get more germs while walking in the sand at the beach, and you could potentially cut your foot in glass. I think I am pretty safe in socks in my school office.

Interoffice relationships are interesting. You see how people respond to stress and how they react to others because of that. I understand how being stuck in front of a computer all day can be stressful, but I don't think it's fair to snap at others and to get impatient. But, that's what grace is all about, right?

That's why God gave us relationships, especially close ones. They show us our imperfections and where we need to change for the better.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: