2.14.2010

L'amour Toujours...

Oh, how I love Valentine's Day! This year I decided to start making my heart cookies dipped in choco at four in the morning. Bad call. It took me two hours to make them so I didn't get to bed until six! Plus, I made them with cake and pastry flour so they have a weird texture. But they taste so delicious, and I am going to bring them to our choir performance tonight.

Oh, how I love Valentine's Day! I have always loved it, even when I was single. I loved the idea of love, and the chocolates and delicious heart jujubes that are only sold this time of year.

I have always had "Valentines", my friends and family who are close to me. But this year I actually have a Valentine, a man who makes my heart melt when he speaks to me and who shows his love and care with everything he does. A man who I have been dating for almost 9 months now. A man who I have been friends with for such a long time. Praise the Lord for friends who turn into lovers*! Jake has been such a blessing to me, and I am so happy to call him my Valentine! I love you, Jake!

As for my other Valentines, you know who you are, I am so blessed with family and friends who love and care about me. I love you all!

Love,
Ash

*lov⋅er

[luhv-er]
–noun
1.a person who is in love with another (we use the term to mean this definition, rather than the distasteful ones others may use)

No comments: