8.15.2007

Prayer Requests

Well, I'm having an awesome time visiting my grandparents this week. It's so relaxing, not having to work, and just taking a rest.

I realized, however, that there are many people who need prayer, so this can't just be about me.

This world is full of hurting people, people who are broken from torn relationships, people who are scraping by, and people who are sick and need healing.

My Poppa is having surgery this coming September (on the 5th) to have cancer removed from his esophagus. He and Nana need lots of prayer, as he will be in the hospital recovering for two weeks after that.

A friend of mine told me what she does with her prayer requests. She writes them down on pieces of paper and then puts them into a box. When she prays for people, she can pull the requests out of the box and then see how God has answered that prayer over time. It's really cool, and an awesome idea.

Anyways, if anyone has a prayer request, don't be afraid to post them, because I know that quite a few people read these blogs and we can all pray for each other!

Take care...love Ash

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I have a friend who was raped over the weekend who is living in the UK. Prayer for her would be welcome indeed. God knows who she is and this has been hard.
For me I could use prayer in trusting God and letting go of a good friend of mine. It's not always easy.

I enjoyed your post a lot. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ash

We did have a wonderful week together and even though it was relatively quiet, it was a good time just to relax a bit and prepare for whatever you will be doing this fall.

Thank you my darling for your prayers for Pops and I.

We realize this is not going to be an easy journey, but we know that he is in good hands with the surgeon who will be doing the operation and more importantly with the Greater Physician, in whom we continue to place all our trust.

We also have a great network of prayer supporters praying for us and we in turn have many people who are also going through difficulties that we are praying for.

What a blessing that we can all be a part of God’s caring and praying family!

We love you so much and continue to pray for you as well, as you seek to find what His direction are for your life.

All luv always Nan xoxox