8.12.2006

Never know how hard it is to say "goodbye" to someone until the actual day. Thursday I said goodbye to some of the students, but I didn't cry very much . But yesterday at Vôo Livre was really hard. I really got attached to the kids there, and especially to one family in particular. I waited to say goodbye to that family after Vôo Livre closed. I went to their house and spent a little bit of time with them. But all too soon it was time to go and it was so difficult. I love them so much!
Today I'm not thinking about saying goodbye to anyone else. I don't want to think about it until I actually have to!
I went to the zoo in Brasília with Wellington and Josh this morning until 1:30. It is a nice zoo. They have alot of birds, they have monkeys, lions and tigers and bears OH MY!!!(no, they don't have any bears...just quoting from The Wizard of Oz movie. )
I'm glad that we had the time to go there and do that!
This afternoon I'm going with Cristina to have acaí...not sure how to describe it, but it's such a delicious food! And then tonight I'm going to a birthday party of one of my friends who goes to the International church! I'm so excited!
Well, hope you all have a good week-end. Looking forward to seeing whoever I will see when I come back!
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash,
I guess at this point of time there is no too much to be said that will make these next few days any easier to get through.

You have had such an amazing time and the memories of these people who have become like friends and family will be ever in your heart.

Our prayers will continue to be with you as you say your farewells and may the Lord be so close to you as you travel home and may you feel His protection and strength throughout the long journey.

We will all be waiting at this end to embrace you and we are all looking forward to having you back here with us once again.
Lots of luv Nan
xoxox