8.19.2006

living in Canada

Well, I have returned to Canada...got here on Wednesday at around noon. The only complications was the two hour delay in Sao Paulo to fix the engine...then I was delayed getting into Toronto. But that's ok, I arrived, and I'm alive, and that's all that matters! Thanks to God for getting me here safely, because only He was able to get that engine fixed well enough for me to feel comfortable flying in the air for 10 hrs!
There isn't as much of a cultural shock as I thought there would be ...thankfully. Thanks for all of your prayers to get me back here without too much to worry about. Although I was eating dinner the other day, and looked at the napkins on the table, and said to my mom, "Are these napkins always big like this?" And she laughed and said, "yes, and you have been away for too long!"(because the napkins in Brasil are pretty tiny).
My whole family was so glad to see me. And I was really glad to see them too! All my brothers and sisters have changed so much, it was crazy!
Last night I stayed over at my friend's house, and we caught up on a lot of stuff. It was good, and felt really normal.
It was kind of hot today, and I'm still sweating buckets...but it is good to be back!
love to everyone!
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash,
We were so glad to see you when you got home and just to be able to hug you in person was such a blessing.
Everyone missed you so much and we will be waiting to see what lies ahead for you as you now prepare to return to school.

Hugs and kisses from Nan xoxo