11.18.2008

Mmmm..Quesedillas...Que sera sera...

I've come to the conlusion that my comfort foods are bananas, chocolate, and quesedillas. I went out for lunch with a friend of mine today, and introduced her to the delicious world of quesedillas. If you have never had one, I suggest you try one next time you're in a restaurant. I consider myself to be a connoisseur, and by far the best is a little restaurant downtown in my city. But since everyone can't come here, than the second best would be at Montana's.

Basically, for those who don't know what these beautiful creations are, a quesidilla is a tortilla which has green onions, tomatoes, sometimes green and red peppers, usually chicken, and my favourite part, CHEDDAR cheese. (am I making your mouth water yet?) These ingredients are placed on one half of the tortilla, while the other side folds over. AFter this, it is baked just until the cheese melts, and then is cut into 4 pieces. It is always served with sour cream and salsa. Don't underestimate the simpleness of this meal-it is most tantalizing indeed :)

I had to work this afternoon, and it was slow until 1 1/2hrs until we closed. I was so tired, because I stayed up until 2:30 AM reading a book, that was, unfortunately, NOT my Bible. However, it is a Christian fiction book, and a mystery to boot, so I couldn't put it down!

Hope everyone has a great night...

Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi Sweetie,
I am catching up on your blogs and trying to leave you little notes of encouragement on each one.
It is past supper time as I am reading this one, and you are making me feel very hungry as you describe your “comfort food”!

I have never had one of these, but you have made them sound so “yummy” that maybe I will be venturesome one of these days and try one myself.
I will be sure to let you know when I do and let you know what I think.
Of course you know my comfort food is fudge or gummy bears!

I hope you got to bed at a much more reasonable hour last night.
Although …I am not a good example to be speaking on that subject! LOL!

Lots of luv
NAN xoxoxo