3.23.2008

Happy Easter...

He is risen...He is risen indeed!

I'm sure any of you who went to church this morning are familiar with this phrase we are so quick to greet one another with.

It was hard for me to get into the Easter season this year. I didn't have much time to reflect on Jesus' death and resurrection, and so I felt kind of rushed in church. It almost felt like a dream, where you move from one scene to the next without fully understanding what is happening.

Honestly, I doubt that I could ever fully and truly understand. Sometimes when I even try to contemplate, meditate, or reflect on how God sent His perfect Son into the world to die for humanity, to take all of our sins upon Himself, it is overwhelming. That is one thing I thought about on Friday during the Good Friday service. It's bad enough that I feel guilt over my sins, and cry out to God to forgive me for my weaknesses; I can't imagine how Jesus would have felt with the weight of the sins ALL OF HUMANITY taken upon himself. It wasn't just my sins that He bore, but it was the sins of everyone who has ever lived, and everyone who WILL ever live. When I thought about that, I had a new appreciation for what He did. He didn't have to die for our sins, but He did, because of His immense love for us.

The reality is, after He died with the weight of the world upon Him, He AROSE! Just when we think it is over, nothing more can be done, He rises from the dead 3 days later, and reigns victorious over the sin that enslaves us. He has won the battle over Satan, and that is truly something to rejoice over!!

I hope you all had a wonderful day, as you think about all of this. Perhaps you were able to visit family and friends today, and rejoice over the wonderful things God has given to you, be it physically or spiritually. May God bless you all!

Love, Ash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved your comments, and missed you this weekend. Take care my beautiful angel. Love Mamalama xo

Anonymous said...

My darling Ash
Beautiful, inspiring and mature thoughts for a very special season by a very specail girl!
Xoxo. Your NAN