10.01.2014

He Turns One...


October is a busy and exciting month for us, with Thanksgiving, my birthday, and our anniversary.

Adrian and I celebrating his cousins 3rd birthday, a couple of weeks before his own
To kick things off, we begin with a celebration of our little guy's birth. This day last year I became a mother, and boy, has it been a crazy roller coaster of a year adjusting to this new role!  We're still working out the kinks of parenthood, and I can see that there will be many more learning curves ahead.  But oh! ...

When I hear Adrian giggle and chortle as his daddy tickles him mercilessly...
When I see him splash and roll from front to back over and over in the bath tub, unable to contain his glee...
When I see his face light up when he sees me after I've been out doing some errands...
When I feed him his favourite food and see him get excited for more...
When my sighs cut through the night as I rise yet again to comfort him in the middle of the night...
When I open the front door and his legs start kicking excitedly because he loves being outdoors...
When I'm driving and he stays awake because he has a sense of adventure like that...
When I'm nursing him and he reaches up to pat my face or play with my hair...
When we're walking along and he looks up at me and stares into my eyes...
When he pulls my hair at the back of my neck and yes-it-hurts-like-heck but I know he draws comfort from it...
When I see him suck in his lower lip and I know that means he's feeling curious...

I'm reminded of all the reasons I love him, and why I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything in the world!

Mama and Daddy love you, Adrian.  Happy First Birthday!

African Lion Safari August 2014

1 comment:

krystle ann-marie said...

He's so adorable! I love his blond locks. Happy Birthday, little Adrian! :)