7.31.2012

Daybreak...

I don't have to tell you how busy the month of July has been for me.  I will let my lack of blogging presence speak for itself.  In the meantime, I will leave you with a small morsel to tide you over until I can write something with more substance.


It draws me in...
I am enchanted, captivated, moved,
Held prisoner by the prisms of light, 
The beauteous rays.


I breathe the dank smell floating
Up from the river, still fresh in the 
Morning coolness, unaffected by the
Searing heat of a midday sun.




I hear them chirping, their cacophony at once
Melodious and incomprehensible,
They swoop, they soar, they forage, 
They dance around one another in the air.


The puffs of cloud in the sky dare me to
Dream of cotton candy goodness,
Immovable in their perfect haven of blue.


The earth comes alive, 
Tiny spiders on pensive hands, 
Wisps of air slipping between the spaces of foot and sandal, 
Warm fingers of light brushing a soft cheek.


-AshWin-


Picture source: http://www.delderfield.com.au/Photo_gallery/pl_images/y_Daybreak.jpg

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Dear AshWin
Your poetry always touches me in a special way and warms my heart.
Keep it up!
Lots of love NAN xoxo