3.24.2011

Onward and Upward to Graduation...


Well, it's coming. I have no excuses. I'm graduating in 37 days. The pressure is on!!

My assistant manager loves me so much. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the schedule for the next two weeks, and I have five days off in a row!!! I don't have to go back to work until Monday. I am thinking of getting her a little something to thank her for giving me prime shifts.

I am starting to get a little guilty for not doing more homework this morning, but the allergies are acting up again, and it's been a bit of a rough start. My eyes felt so good yesterday that I even put my contacts in; when I took them out last night, the burning started, and they were so dried out. It's hard to know how to gauge them. I suppose I should just bask in the good feelings when they come.

Plus, taking a slow morning to read the Bible, drink tea, eat some blueberry-infused oatmeal, and write a blog never hurt anyone :)

Thanks for your prayers- keep them coming!!! I can't wait to be finished, and it's only by God's strength and His grace that I will make it. Ain't it so, ain't it so.

One more thing- this verse made me happy this morning, so I'll share it with you:

" 'You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you.' "
-Deuteronomy 3:22

Moses was talking to Joshua about conquering the nations surrounding Israel. I just like how it depicts God as a mighty warrior on our behalf, which He is. Praise Him.

Love,
Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi Ash
That is good news to hear that you have some extra days off work and hopefully they will be productive for you towards those assignments that are remaining for you to finish off.
I hope that the allergies settled down as the day progressed enabling you to get the work done that you had planned on.
We are praying for you in these last weeks as you moved toward that great graduation day.

Lots of love NAN xoxoxo


Things You Can Count On Now!
There is a grace that is sufficient;
a mercy that endures;
an atoning blood that cleanses;
a hope that doesn't disappoint;
a love that never fails;
a purpose that works all things together for the good;
a peace that passes understanding;
a joy unspeakable;
a kingdom unshakable;
a foundation indestructible;
a High Priest who prays;
a Savior who lives;
a Spirit who comforts;
a Father who cares.

Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. Hebrews 6:18-19 NLT

-Roy Lessin