3.18.2011

Mid-Term and a Book...

I got the results from my mid-term on Tuesday, and I received a 90%. I was overjoyed, and felt much more at ease. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me!! Now I have to finish a book on teaching that seems to me like the longest one in history. I have been trying to read it for about two hours but keep nodding off. I have read about 50 pages, though, so I'm getting somewhere at least.

Jake and I are excited for next week-end. A friend of mine blessed us with the opportunity to stay over at a local hotel. She had a complimentary night's stay, including a breakfast for two, and hadn't had a chance to use it in the past year. Since it expires on April 1 and she is going away, she thought we might like to use it. I can't wait, eager to be able to have this mini-retreat to look forward to (even if it's only five blocks away!) I need to set some goals for myself so that I will have most of my homework done by then :)

This is what I have been dreaming about for the past two days, ever since Jake and I went to a local restaurant for dinner. We ordered a piece of chocolate cake to split for dessert, and were immensely pleased (not to mention our chocolate appetites were more than satiated). You'll never get a better piece of cake anywhere. I promise you.

Enjoy the sunshine, and go find a piece of cake. Just do it.

Love,
Ashleigh


1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi My Darling
Congratulations on such a good mark on your mid term exam.
Prayers will continue as you work your way through the challenging teaching book.
What a nice treat for you and Jake to have a mini vacation courtesy of your friend and so close to home!
You sound like Pops and I with our vacations that are nearby while everybody else are such world travelers. LOL!
Your shared dessert looked yummy but would be a bit too chocolaty for my tastes.
However I found a box of fudge last night that I had forgotten about and indulged myself in the WHOLE thing!
How bad can that be!!!
I also found something for Pops so I would not have to share my treasure with him!
Hopefully you are not being distracted by the sunshine and plans for your getaway and that you are getting your studying done today. It is nice to see the snow finally starting to melt though.
Have a great weekend and give Jake a big hug.
Lots of love
NAN xoxo