2.09.2011

Thought for the Day...

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Ps. 31:24

This verse stood out to me during Bible reading this morning:

"I will dwell among the children of Israel and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the LORD their God who brought them up out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them. I am the LORD their God." Ex. 29:45



It's so interesting, because in Genesis, God originally desired to dwell in the garden among the people He created . However, Adam and Eve's sin created a separation between God and all of mankind for as long as we live on this earth. In Exodus, with the introduction of the tabernacle, God created a way that He could dwell among His people once again, but there was so much sacrifice to be made to atone for their sin. That's why it's so beautiful that Christ became our sacrifice, so that the Holy Spirit could, not just dwell among us, but in us. I love that!

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: