6.09.2007

oh...I love PORTUGUESE!

ok, so my day didn't start out the greatest...I think I was a little cranky because I got too much sleep.
AND I had an escalation with one of my calls, so that made me feel much worse. BUT...

about 15 minutes before work was up, I got a call from a dealer at Radio shack who had PERFECT English, and then I heard him speaking in a different language to a customer in the background. I thought it was Spanish because that is usually the language I hear from other customers. Then I realized that I understand what he was saying, and it was PORTUGUESE!!! My heart, you would not believe it, started being like over a mile a minute, I was SO crazy excited!

I waited until he finished talking to the customer, and then I said to him, "Voce fala portugues?" "you speak Portuguese?" and then he responded in Portuguese "yes". ... and then it took off from there! He asked me if I would prefer talking in English or Portuguese, and I definitely chose Portuguese! man, it was AWESOME! and my heart started beating even faster, and then I was just on cloud nine.

Wow, sometimes I am overwhelmed by the emotion that I feel just by speaking and understanding Portuguese. It's like I practically float, and my heart goes into overdrive!

As it turns out, he was also from Goias, the state that Joyce's mission is in! No wonder I understood him, because he spoke exactly the same way that I learned! He was so nice, and he definitely made my day!

When I hung up, one of the guys sitting beside me said jokingly, "you're not allowed to speak another language on the floor!" I said, "why not?" and he said, "because I don't understand you!" lol...it was great.

Then after work me and 3 of the other girls that were in my training class went out to Boston Pizza for dinner, and since it's the last day of our training class, we all won't be together again! So we took some pictures, and it was fun.

All in all my day was so-so, but talking portuguese definitely was the highlight!

HOpe ya'll have a wonderful week-end...love you guys!
love, Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash

Good to see you back in print!



Sounds like that was a fun experience for you to be able talk in Portuguese with your recent phone caller!

I was reminded last night of another experience you had with the taxi driver when you were back at school. We had to take an unexpected taxi trip last evening when we were in Toronto at our concert because we missed the last bus back to where we had parked the car at Auntie Helens’ Sunday evenings the last one leaves at 10 pm and we were there about 10:15 just waiting for the next bus to arrive when someone told us there was no ‘next one” !LOL!

It was out to the street for us and we found a taxi right there.

I thought of you though and was telling Auntie Helen about how you had the opportunity to use your Portuguese at that time last winter.

You never know when these times will come up do you !

Glad your day ended on that happy note!

Hope you write again soon

Lot of luv Nan xoxox