6.17.2006

Almost 45 blogs!

good afternoon...boa tarde
Today it is 27 C...a very good temperature I think. There is not a cloud in the sky, and it is a very beautiful day. Last night the sunset was something else...a mix between purple, orange and yellow! Only God is the artist that could create that! Wow...how beautiful!
As you know I have been in Àguas Lindas since Wednesday...I got back last night. It was such a good time. Sadie brought her humidifier because Joyce's house is very dry. I think it worked for her. Wednesday was a good day of English, English, and more English! I love it when students are eager to learn English, and they actually try to speak it with confidence. There is one student, his name is Ramon, and he is 21 years old, who is so good at English. He has such an eagerness to learn. I think he wants to be an English teacher too. He even brings doubts he has about the language so he can ask questions. There are also some more students that are so good, but they just don't practice! Sometimes that is frustrating!
I got a cold after lunch, so it was kind of frustrating!
Thursday we had 2 classes of music, and 2 knitting classes. It went well. I am able to help without fail in music, but the knitting, well, let's just say it's not my forte. If only my sister was here, she would be able to help! She is so good at knitting!
We also had lunch at Pastor Claudio's house...it was very good, and there were quite a few people from his church there too.
On Friday instead of helping with English, I was looking after the computer classes. The teacher for them was away in Goiania. I just gave them a few things to type out...it was just a day of practicing. Kinda boring, because I was just watching them type, but you know what? At least I was helping, so I can forget that it was boring!
I got to see to of my friends there that I haven't seen in a long time...Bruna, who is 12 years old, and Soraia, who is 16, so I was able to talk to them.
The kids at the English school in Taguatinga usually start at 8 years old, but you can start learning English when you are older too.
At Vôo Livre I think the age limit is 12 for beginning, but obviously we have some older people in some of our classes too.
I have some banana recipes for you. It has been a while for food...haha.
I think we do this in canada too, but it is not very common. Here it is quite common:fried bananas. Just slice up a banana, stick the pieces in oil, and then when they are done, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar overtop. So good!
Also, you can slice a banana in half, with the skin still on, and place it in boilin water until the inside is mushy. When it's done, take off the skin and you can eat it with butter(if desired) and cinnamon and sugar. How good is that!!!
I hope everyone has a good day...I think we're going to the mall later on(although I won't buy anything) and then tomorrow is the big game between Brasil and Australia.
Everyone is busy selling noisemakers, shirts, and flags again today. So crazy!
I will probably go to the English church in the morning and then hurry home because the game starts at 1PM. I will try to write again tomorrow!
Well, have a good day...love to everyone!
Love, Ash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash

I just got the time to catch up on your blog, sounds so beautiful there I would have loved to have seen that sunset. I hope you have a good camera and are taking lots of great photos(can you post them on your blog???) Be careful at these celebrations they could dangerous.

I really miss you, Jackie has made me drive-thru team leader which is pretty cool!! There are so many new faces at work you probably wouldn't recognize most.

Well this is dragging on so have fun and be careful!!!!!
Love you
Lorri

Singing Lady said...

Oi Ash,

45 blogs later and we still can’t wait for the next one!
Pops thinks you are wonderful!!!

You have been so faithful in writing and it has been fun to hear about your experiences in this way.

It is so good to talk to you and hear your voice this morning when we phoned you.

It continued to get hotter here as the day went on and we are getting in to the A/C weather again!
Pops has turned the one on in the bedroom so it should be good for sleeping tonight.

Sounds like your experiences at Vôo Livre are fun, challenging and rewarding as well (Challenging in the form of knitting!!! I know how much you like to knit!! Hahaha!
Cooking too, has its moments for you, although you have passed on some interesting recipe ideas, if we are up to the challenge of trying them!!

It sounds like everyone is gearing up once again with great expectations for tomorrow’s game.
We will be waiting to hear how that one goes.
Hope you will get a chance to fill us in after it is over.
Lots of luv Nan xoxoxox