6.19.2006

45 Blogs today!!!

I hope that everyone had a good week-end. I know that in North America it was Father's Day, but here Father's Day is on August 12. But Happy Father's Day to every father, including mine!!! I love you DAd! Yesterday the second game for Brasil with Australia was at 1PM, so I went to church in the morning and hurried back in time to watch the game. It was kind of boring at first, but Brasil won 2-0, so everyone was very glad! We had a bunch of people over, and had a churrasco(barbecue) with rice and farofa. They had made 3 desserts while I was at church, so we ate so much food! It was alot of fun, and then the rest of the afternoon all the family stayed and Dani straightened 4 girls hair for them, and some of the guys played cards. And after the game on TV, the streets went wild again with people partying and blowing noisemakers and honking horns. We just stayed in the house where it's safer!
Today I am going to the English school again, to help in the classes there.
I'm really sad though, because André and Celça are moving to Natal soon. They already sent a bunch of their stuff on ahead of them, but André is going up by himself this Friday. So Thursday is another big game between Brasil and Japan, and for sure everyone will be there to say goodbye to him. They don't have a house yet, so he's going ahead to look for one. Then later on Celça will go, and I think Pâmela and Luiza will go a little later by plane with André's mother. But it's going to be so horrible without them!
That's all I have for today folks. I hope it's a beautiful sunny day wherever you are. Love to everyone, Ashleigh

2 comments:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash,
We are in Bellville to-day for Emily's big day - her grad 8 grad and also the honour of being valedictorian.
It is rainy and miserable here and Pops is doing some phone work for uncle K at the church.
JoJo is the only one that has school to-day as the rest are all finished for the year.
Em
is at the hairdresser’s getting her hair coiffed for to-night.
It will be a fun evening.
Sounds like your day was fun yesterday, with all the game celebrations and more
to come on Thursday.
We heard the score but missed seeing it as we didn’t get home from church in time.
Em was at her game when we arrived last night but she got hit in the face with the soccer ball while she was playing and was it was pretty sore when she got
home.
It looks fine to-day though and will not mess up her appearance for to-night.
I am sure you will miss the family members as they prepare to move to Natal soon.
Must go now and spend some time with Nate and Josh.
Lots of luv and continuing prayers
Nan

Anonymous said...

Hello....I thought I'd be the first to blog a comment...I think mom got here first by seconds...because it showed 0 comments and I raced to beat her for once...Oh well, we will never beat her, even when she is out of town LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Graham is officially out of town too. He and his class are off to Ottawa until Wed. night. He was so excited, even to have to wake at 5 this morning to get to the school.
Back again...I got so distracted by the phone and other jobs I realized I hadn't finished this. Great to check in everyday and hear your joys and news. Dad went to the Brasil BBQ on Sat. He was able to meet Graca and talk to her. She is so nice. Well I must go and do some more before the kidlets are done. Love you so much. Mama xoxo