6.04.2013

Being Challenged...

Hello again.  Is it me you're looking for?

I've been here, but I've been biding my time, trying not to think about food and sleep.  

Here's a little something to ponder from an article I read today:

Pregnant Christian women, like me, might even challenge themselves and one another to be less preoccupied with the expansion of our hips and thighs and more concerned with the condition of our souls. To be less interested in how our external maternal growth is perceived by others, and more engrossed with how our internal spiritual growth might prepare us for our God-given role as mom.
Wow.  Those emboldened sentences were especially difficult for me to swallow.  How hard it is to focus on our spiritual growth when we're surrounded by materialism and a world that is so self-centered.  

Christian women, we need to encourage one another to keep up the faith and to put God first, before our weight, our husbands, and our children.  One of the best things about Facebook is that we can shoot off a quick how are you doing? message and post articles about pregnancy and godly, Spirit-filled living for others to read and be challenged.  Thanks, for you know who you are :)

Let's continue to grow together.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: