12.29.2011

Christmas Aftermath...

I concede that this month hasn't been that busy.   I have been off work since December 9th, and only baby-sat a handful of times after that.  I have been reading- a lot.  I have been slowly picking away at my TESOL course.  But I have been lacking motivation this Christmas season.  To be more honest, I have been lacking motivation and loving procrastination for most of my life.  They have been my very best friends, it seems.  This morning I was confronted with the Israelite cycle, for the billionth time.  I hate the emotional appeals that bring to my knees before God, but don't actually change anything.  One of the things I was reminded of as I read Psalm 25 was waiting.  


David says-in one of my favourite verses- "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach my Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation.  On You I wait all the day." (Psalm 25:4,5)  


Jeremiah writes, "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.  It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." (Lam. 3:25,26)


It's interesting that waiting is tied in with salvation on both occurrences.  God has saved me from my sins, and has rescued me from certain death.  But I need to keep waiting on Him.  Change doesn't happen overnight.  


In both passages you'll notice that the writers talk about seeking the Lord, and asking God to reveal his ways and lead us to his truth.  I have found that this is key, when desiring to change.  As Jake said the other day, we need to sweat.  The Christian walk isn't easy.  God is willing to change our hearts, but we also need to be willing to work and seek.  Desiring God comes at a cost...giving up time spent shopping, going online, reading other books that aren't as uplifting.  


The question I have to ask myself is this: 
How willing am I to desire God at whatever cost?


Love,
Ashleigh


P.S. I love listening to this song when I need to get into a God-space.

No comments: