8.27.2010

Music and Thoughts Therein...

I don't quite understand the connection between music and emotion, or even writing, for that matter. However, I started listening to Canvas by Imogen Heap, and within moments I was inspired to write. Sometimes when I listen to music, certain chord progressions and harmonies cause me to feel such depth of emotion from somewhere inside, somewhere I didn't even know existed. It's amazing how God designed us so perfectly and intricately. (Psalm 139:13-16) It's like listening to a French horn. I feel this pain of sweet emotion well up within me, mixed with a warmth and happiness at the sound of such a mellow instrument. How I love what music does to me.

Many people laugh at me, because the moment I hear music playing, I start to dance. I feel like I should be an interpretive dancer. It's like my body doesn't want me to stay still. The music is the paintbrush, and my movements are the canvas, creating a masterpiece of dance for all to see, and for the glory of God. It seems there are limitless ways to express the emotions we feel, and thankfully dance is one of those blessed forms. I don't dance enough anymore...

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: