8.06.2013

Spiritual Disciplines...

I started re-reading Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J. Foster.  This was one of our assigned texts at Bible college, and it's been a long time since I've gone through it. I have been craving spiritual growth and maturity in Christ; I knew that it was time to get back into the disciplines of our faith.  As I was reading yesterday, I tweeted some of the sentences that stood out to me: 

Superficiality is the curse of our age....The desperate need today is for deep people.

Willpower will never succeed in dealing with the deepest ingrained habits of sin.

The Disciplines allow us to place ourselves before God so that he can transform us.

This is pretty powerful stuff. It's a blessing to have resources that come alongside God's Word and guide us into a deeper understanding.  As I read through the book, I would like to share my thoughts regarding the various disciplines. I'm praying that I will grow closer to God through the practice of each discipline. I hope you will benefit from it, too.

Love, Ashleigh

No comments: