4.13.2008

Vision Trip Update #2

Dear Family and Friends:

I know some of you receive an e-mail with this update as well, but I something transpired since that e-mail tonight...Jessica was able to get our VISAS!!!! I'm so excited!

I hope this past week-end finds you all well.

Although exams and last minute assignments are approaching, it will soon be over before I know it! I can’t believe in three short weeks I will be in South Asia!

I have some more exciting news to share with you! Our flights are booked and confirmed!!! We fly direct from Toronto, on May 6 at 10:20 AM, to Abu Dhabi (in the United Arab Emirates) and then from Abu Dhabi directly to our destination. We will get there on May 8 at 7:35 AM. Then we depart on May 21 at 9:35 AM arriving in Toronto May 22 at 8:40 AM.

It is going to be a lot of traveling, and many things to do and experience once we get there, but I am POSITIVE that it is going to be an experience like none other!

I want to thank you all who are praying for this trip and those of us going on it. Your prayers are so important to me right now!
Please continue to pray for:
-spiritual growth of our team
-continued perseverance as the end of the school year arrives
-financial support and trust in God

I have a praise: God continually provides! Thank you to all of you who have contributed financially! As of last Thursday (April 10), the office in Calgary told me I had $2, 805.50. That means I only need $294.50 until I reach my goal of $3100!!! That is so exciting! Praise the Lord! If anyone was still interested in supporting me, my deadline is April 25th, at which time I need to have the full amount. Please e-mail me at: ashl5570@rogers.com if you need the address.

God has been testing me and stretching me so much this year, and I think this trip will be another big challenge. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to see what God is doing in the world! Thank you all for making it real for me!

Have a great week!
Love, Ashleigh

No comments: