9.22.2011

Out of Motivation...

I don't know about you, but whenever I get a major burst of energy and motivation, the day after just sucks.  And I'm being completely honest.  Yesterday I did four hours of homework.  Today I've only done one.  and I have to go to work in an hour (which doesn't give me much to work with).  Not to mention, I still haven't showered after my run.  In my opinion, that run itself should have made me bounce off the walls, eager to throw myself into the next task on my to-do list.  Nope. That hasn't happened.  And so here I sit, my lackluster self catatonic and ready for sleep again.
n.b. I have been up for four hours already.  AND went for a 3.9 km run.  Only by God's grace will I get through this day without stressing.

In times like these, Jake would tell me, "Do you want to get up and do something, or do you want to just sit there and merely think about all those things you need to be doing?  Because thinking and moping about it doesn't help you."  Well, he doesn't say it exactly like that, but...point taken.

So here I go, off to do something productive and be a good steward of this beautiful day God has given to me.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: