1.23.2010

Dichotomies of Service...

I realized today that every week I volunteer to hang out with children for one hour, and yet I also visit an elderly lady of 92 years old for an hour. Not only that, but also I hang out with people my age and slightly older. What a contrast! It is actually quite edifying and holistic, I feel, to be able to spend time with people of all ages. One definitely learns a lot from all age groups, how they think and act, and what they talk about. I am enjoying it immensely :)

I have been gathering music to compile into a CD to play for our missions conference, with music from all over the world. My mind has been exploding with the drone of the Arabic oud, the cadence of African drumming, and the smooth coolness of a Brazilian samba. Praise the Lord for diversity of music :)

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: