2.01.2012

Three Cups of Coffee...

I can't believe it's already Wednesday.  This week has been flying by, and I don't think I've really had a chance to catch it yet.  


Jake and I had a wonderful evening with some friends of ours that we haven't visited with in ages, and it was great to catch up.  I brought the meal, and they provided the coffee, wherein I had my 2nd and 3rd cup of hazelnut coffee for the day.  


I don't know what it is about the stuff, but I just can't seem to get enough.  Tea doesn't do it for me anymore.  Oh, please don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE tea, especially at night just before bed.  But coffee instantaneously fills me with warmth and a comfortable peace.  It's been good for my soul.  


I probably need to clarify that it's not the caffeine I crave, but rather the taste and richness of the blend.  I can go for days without coffee and not have any adverse side effects.  I can drink decaf and enjoy it just as much.  


But I've changed since the day I swore I would never let a drop of coffee touch my lips.  


That was before I'd tasted a latte.  That was before I'd been to India where the coffee is laced with buffalo milk, and incites an exotic and flavourful aftertaste.  That was before I discovered flavoured coffee beans.


That was before I decided to become a coffee connoisseur.  Before I dreamt of the day I could drink it black and enjoy it for its own attributes rather than its cream content.


Oh yes, that was before....and this is now.  


Bottoms up!


Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: